Everyone cares about the Interior Finishing of the house, but!
A few care about;
A Driveways significantly improve your home’s exterior appearance and represents how classy you are as a person.
A driveway is to sustain itself from weathering and is under direct exposure that makes it prone to damages.
In this post, I am going to share a list of the 7 best driveway sealers according to consumer ratings and reports 2023.
Here are the top products we picked out through amazon you would be interested in, depending on your budget…
- Best Driveway Sealer Consumer Ratings & Reports
- 1. Rainguard Advanced Waterproofer for Driveways
- 2. E-Z Stir Driveway Asphalt Filler/ Sealer
- 3. FDC Chem Paving Sealer Driveway & Asphalt Sealer
- 4. Sakrete Blacktop Sealer | Best Blacktop Driveway Sealers
- 5. Gardner-Gibson Drive 5 Blacktop Driveway Filler/Sealer
- 6. Foundation Armor SX5000 Concrete Driveway Sealers
- 7. Tough Crete Concrete Sealer
- Wrapping it Up
- How To Choose The Best Driveway Sealer
- Things to Consider Before Buying
- FAQ’s about Driveway Sealers
Best Driveway Sealer Consumer Ratings & Reports
I have compiled a list of the 7 best driveway sealers based on consumer ratings and reports 2023.
1. Rainguard Advanced Waterproofer for Driveways
- It will go along for 10 years easily if used properly
- It makes 30 Gallons
- It uses Micro-Lok technology that makes it more durable
- It will not make any change in overall appearance or texture
Rainguard’s is an advanced waterproofer that is of commercial-grade.
It can deal with all types of weathering to protect your surface and last long.
It uses a very advanced technology they call it micro-lock and is exclusive to this sealer.
It is water-based, and hence no odor is there while and after application.
- It is all in one to use in Patios, Porches, Decks, Patios, Walkways, Pavers, around Fences.
- It is effortless to use
- It protects, extends as well as resotres the surface
- Other customers have stated that it chips over time
2. E-Z Stir Driveway Asphalt Filler/ Sealer
- One bucket will cover 20×20 feet
- Only one layer required
- It is available in a 5-gallon container
- Very affordable pricing
To be specific, this is a crack repair filler that you can also use as a driveway sealer. And, as the name states, the sealer is effortless to use.
All you have to do is just stir it and start applying on the asphalt surface by using a large brush or squeegee.
The EZ Stir driveway sealer is the perfect choice for filling up the holes and cracks up to 0.5 inches.
And the best thing about this sealer is that it dries rapidly. In fact, you can start driving within 24-48 hours in hot and normal conditions.
And in approx. Four hours you can touch the surface! The sealer can cover up to 250 sq. feet, but it also depends on the asphalt surfaces’ porosity and roughness.
- It dries quickly; it only takes 4 hours.
- Stimulated with silicon for added durability
- It offers luxurious, shiny black color.
- It is easy to use
- Other customers have stated that it chips over time
3. FDC Chem Paving Sealer Driveway & Asphalt Sealer
- Easy to stir and apply
- Ideal for driveways or sidewalks
- Sealer cures within 24 hours
- Available in a 5-gallon container
It prevents the natural look and strength of your driveway.
According to the manufacturers, this product will protect the driveway in harsh conditions for 3 years!
This makes the sealer perfect to use in driveways, sidewalks, or parking, and it is effortless to apply.
During our testing, we find this FDC Chem driveway sealer perfect for restoring the worn-out asphalt driveway.
The sealer is pretty affordable, as well. It is available in economy-size 5-gallon packaging. The 5-gallon pack is enough to cover asphalt surfaces of up to 400 square feet.
- The sealer is perfect to use in adverse weather conditions as well.
- It gives long-lasting protection for up to 3 years.
- After applying it, you will see a smooth, refined appearance of your driveway.
- It is effective against weather elements including UV rays and battery acid
- There are complaints of faulty packaging and leakages.
4. Sakrete Blacktop Sealer | Best Blacktop Driveway Sealers
- You will not require more than a single coat.
- The sealer guards the driveway against all types of weather damage.
- A premium quality product that is simple to use
- It comes is a standard 5-gallon pack
The blacktop driveway sealer is available in a 5-gallon packing. This sealer is specially made for blacktop driveways.
According to consumer ratings & reports, this blacktop sealer stirs quite effortlessly and spreads on the planned surface.
The driveway sealer is available at an economical price. Usually, a pack is enough to cover up to 500 feet, but it also depends on the surface.
You can use a large brush to apply it correctly on the surface. The Sakrete Blacktop sealer can resist oil and gasoline drippings efficiently, and it is intended for places that see moderate traffic.
- Resistant to fading and protects from UV rays
- It offers a glorious midnight-black finish.
- Straightforward usage and application
- Improves the longevity of the surface
- Some users have stated that it feels very watered down
5. Gardner-Gibson Drive 5 Blacktop Driveway Filler/Sealer
- The sealer is straightforward to apply even if you are a beginner.
- It offers a smooth and shiny finish.
- The sealer is perfect for filling cracks and holes.
- It does not take much time to dry.
Next, we have Garner-Gibson blacktop driveway filler. It is suitable not only for blacktop driveways but also for asphalt surfaces, and you can even use it to fill small holes and cracks.
This Drive 5 driveway filler is environmentally friendly, and you can mix it quickly. With this drive five blacktop sealer, you don’t have to bend your back while mixing it.
As for the performance, Gardner Drive 5 lives up to the standards. The sealer has a 2-hour traffic cure time in hot conditions.
However, in cold conditions, it will take 1 or 2 days. One bucket of Gardner Drive 5 is around 4.75 gallons and covers up to 350 square feet.
To achieve the best results and optimum protection, follow the product instructions and necessary precautions before using it.
All things considered, this is the best driveway sealer that is durable than most competitors.
There is no cracking after using the application if applied correctly. The finishing is lovely and sleek, and the product is not too toxic, unlike others.
- It will cover up to 350 sq. Feet.
- The shine and overlook of the driveway will improve considerably after using this sealer.
- The product is simple to use.
- It is perfect for both asphalt and blacktop driveways.
- The sealer is good for small cracks but not suitable for large ones.
6. Foundation Armor SX5000 Concrete Driveway Sealers
- The sealer comes in in a 5-gallon pack
- It is ideal for both interiors and exterior uses.
- It offers long-lasting protection for up to 10 years.
- No water is required. Just add the sealer into the sprayer/ roller and apply
- The Department approves the sealer of Transportation
The sealer is specially designed to offer long-lasting protection to the surface. This silane-siloxane sealer is water repulsive and is solvent-based.
It gives strong resistance against efflorescence and is capable of probing deep into the driveway’s concrete surface.
It also gives excellent alkali resistance without damaging the appearance of the driveway. It works by creating a hydrophobic barrier, which is highly durable and will last up to 10 years!
We noticed that this sealer also gives marvelous resistance to mildew, mold, and fungus during testing.
Besides being the best concrete driveway sealer, you can also use the sealer on various other surfaces such as brick homes, basement floors, mortar, grout, garage floors, pavers, grout, entryways, and more.
Lastly, the sealer will not peel as it is 100% breathable and user-friendly.
- It effectively eliminates salt and freeze-thaw damage.
- It offers alkali resistance.
- The best driveway sealer to decrease the movement of moisture
- It provides resistance against efflorescence
- As per customer reports, there are complaints of staining after applying the sealer.
7. Tough Crete Concrete Sealer
- The sealer comes in a handy 1-gallon container.
- It will cover up to 600 square feet
- The product lasts up to 10 years
- The best sealer that offers protection for both interiors and exteriors
- The sealer is safe and eco-friendly.
- The Department approves the sealer of Transportation
If you are looking for a reliable driveway sealer, the ToughCrete certainly crops up, among others, available in the market.
Even though it comes in 1-gallon packaging, but the makers claim that it will cover about 600 square feet, a remarkable feat!
Like many other driveway sealers, ToughCrete also includes a silane-siloxane compound, and the sealer is deeply penetrating as well.
The sealer is effective and quite versatile. You can apply it on various surfaces such as your driveway, patio, garage floor, or any other concrete surface type.
After using the sealer, the makers claim that it will offer the ultimate protection for up to 10 years from salt damage, water, and various weather hazards. So in this way, your driveway will look as good as new for years.
- It offers reliable protection both under and above the surface
- The sealer is simple to apply with any sprayer
- You can also use it on cinder block, paver, brick, and outdoor fireplace sealer
- Efficiently repels water; excellent probing concrete driveway sealer
- Some users have complained that it leaves dark stains on the surface.
Wrapping it Up
If you have a driveway, you must maintain it properly and take care of it using the best driveway sealer as per customer reports.
As we now know, driveway sealers are available in numerous varieties, and you can use them in many ways as well.
While selecting a filler for your driveway, keep an eye on the factors mentioned above.
The products listed above will give your driveway a new glossy look and will retain its natural appearance.
How To Choose The Best Driveway Sealer
You need to read these points before buying a driveway sealer to make a better decision.
Why is sealing a driveway necessary?
Sealing is different from regular cleaning. Sealing is important for driveways because it directly impacts the longevity and health of the driveway.
With continuous and rough use, driveways may develop holes and dents, making the look of the driveway lifeless.
Sealing a driveway prevents various weather elements and also from oil and other substances from the vehicle.
It prevents these pollutants from penetrating the dents and holes of the driveway. This enhances life, and it looks clean and shiny.
How to apply a Driveway Sealant?
Now that you have understood why sealing is important for driveways, it’s time to work on sealing the driveway.
For this purpose, always follow the product instructions, and we have listed some general guidelines for applying the driveway sealant.
Clean the Surface
The first and most crucial step is to clean all the dirt and debris from the driveway. Make sure it is well-cleaned before you proceed.
Trim Around the Driveway
Remove all the vegetation and other similar things in contact with the driveway and ensure that all other surfaces are properly taped off.
This means that if you any other surface near or next to the driveway, cover it properly, or else sealant will get on it.
Now, open the sealant bucket and start pouring the sealant. Pour it into small sections carefully.
Now take a squeegee tool and start spreading the driveway sealant. Spread thin layers of the sealer down the driveway. Ensure that sealant is spread on the entire surface of the driveway.
Please don’t leave the process in the middle; you must complete it until it is finished.
In my opinion, driveways are not a top priority on most homeowner’s lists of maintenance tasks.
If you have a driveway, it’s vital to keep it protected, and the reasons for that are many. The main reason is no one likes the damaged driveway.
It is a horrific sight to behold. The best way to control the damages is adequate maintenance, which you can do by using the best driveway sealer.
When buying a driveway sealer, opt for the one that has all the features you need. This is because, if you live in a cold area, you might need a different sealer than those who are residing in warm regions.
And to assist you in picking the best driveway sealant, we hereby present the following top 6 driveway sealers per consumer ratings and reports.
Things to Consider Before Buying
It would help if you considered the below points before buying the required driveway sealer
There is an overabundance of driveway sealers in the market, and every product claims that it is the best sealer you can buy.
The chemicals used in the manufacturing of sealant makes a huge difference, and every product has its individual properties.
Some sealers are water-based; some sealers are water-resistant. The catch is not attracted to the product because they are claiming it as the best; consider your needs and buy the one that actually suits you and your driveway.
Many sealers will make the driveway or other surfaces slippery once it is dried out. The slick surfaces can be hazardous for you and may result in severe damages.
To verify this, you will have to check the sealer’s chemical ingredient. We will also advise going through the consumer ratings of driveway sealers and reviews to determine the level of slipperiness.
Generally, the sealer, which is thick and high in texture, is more slippery than the one with less texture.
Not all driveway sealers offer a bright glossy look to the driveways. Mostly, people like a smooth matte finish for their driveways, which is simple and sophisticated.
It basically depends on your personal choice and preferences; there are sealers in the market that leave a glossy or shine on the driveway after sealing.
Ease of Use
This is related to how you will apply the sealer. Confirm whether you will have to paint it on the surface or spray the sealer on the surface. Also, check out how much time it will take to get completely dried.
FAQ’s about Driveway Sealers
Which one is the Best Driveway Sealer?
I recommend these…
- E-Z Stir Driveway Asphalt Filler/ Sealer
- FDC Chem paving Sealer Driveway & Asphalt Sealer
- Sakrete Blacktop Sealer | Best Blacktop Driveway Sealers
- Gardner-Gibson Drive 5 Blacktop Driveway Filler/Sealer
- Foundation Armor SX5000 Concrete Driveway Sealers
- Tough Crete Concrete Sealer
Why do I need to seal my driveway?
Using the best driveway sealer to seal your driveway is highly recommended because it prevents damages that can occur due to wear and tear and weather elements.
We will recommend sealing all types of driveways. Commonly, sealing a driveway is required once a year or once in two years to preserve the surface’s look and durability. The adequately maintained driveway will also improve the curb appeal of your property.
How much does a 5-gallon bucket of driveway sealer cover?
The coverage of a 5-gallon bucket of driveway sealer varies from brand to brand. Usually, a 5-gallon bucket covers up to 400 square feet.
How long it takes to drive on a freshly sealed driveway?
The driveway sealer needs to be cured after applying. Using the surface before the sealer is cured can affect the sealer. Hence, you should avoid using the surface until the sealer has fully cured and dried.
The time you have to wait varies from brand to brand and on the type of sealer and other various factors. It also depends on weather conditions. Usually, it takes between 12 to 36 hours.
How often should I seal my driveway?
It depends on many factors such as the material in your driveway, the environmental and weather conditions (rain, snow, sun), and the traffic that goes over it. All these factors will affect the regularity of sealing.
Averagely, it is recommended that you should reseal your driveway every two to three years. It is worthy of mentioning that over-selling can result in cracking and peeling.
Is oil based driveway sealer better than water-based sealers?
It depends on usage and preferences. Oil-based driveway sealers have a long cure time and a strong odor that remains on the surface for a couple of days after sealing is done.
Oil-based sealers also have volatile organic compounds, which are not environmentally friendly.
Can you roll on the driveway sealer?
If you’re using an acrylic-based driveway sealer, which is mostly preferred for concrete surfaces, you can apply it with a roller.
If you’re using an asphalt-based driveway sealer, you can apply it with a squeegee.
Read More: Consumer Ratings & See all Blogs here
- Types of Recliner Handles – All You Need To Know - December 9, 2022
- Is it Safe To Sleep in a Recliner While Pregnant? - December 8, 2022
- How to Hide the Back of a Reclining Couch - December 7, 2022