If you are searching for the best electric smoker to taste your favorite foods then you are in the right place.
No doubt, an electric smoker has become a vital appliance in your kitchen. The reason is electric smokers are easy to use to smoke food.
Whether it is a spicy BBQ, Fish, or Vegetable, the electric smoker will make the party on. Let me help you to achieve the desired taste without any mess.
In this post, I am going to review the top 10 best electric smokers according to consumer ratings and reports in 2023. So Without further ado, let’s get started.
Here are the top products we picked out through amazon you would be interested in depending on your budget…
- Best Electric Smoker Reviews
- Best Electric Smokers Consumer Ratings & Reports
- 1. Master Built Stainless Steel Bluetooth Control Electric Smoker
- 2. CHAR-BROIL ANALOG ELECTRIC SMOKER
- 3. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- 4. Cuisinart COS-330 30 inch Electric Smoker
- 6. Landmann’s Smoky Mountain 26″ Electric Smoker
- 7. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- 8. BRADLEY DIGITAL 6 RACK ELECTRIC SMOKER
- 9. MASTER BUILT TOP CONTROLLER ELECTRIC SMOKER
- 10. PK Grills Smoker Combination & Charcoal Grill
- Electric Smoker Buying Guide
- Final Verdict
- FAQ’s about Electric Smokers
Best Electric Smoker Reviews
Best Electric Smokers Consumer Ratings & Reports
I have compiled a list of the 10 best electric smokers based on consumer ratings and reports 2023.
1. Master Built Stainless Steel Bluetooth Control Electric Smoker
Have you ever dreamed of operating an electric cooker with your smartphone?
Here Master Built provides an exceptional model that connects via Bluetooth to smart devices. There is enough space for smoke to cook 16 chicken pieces.
Also, it comes with the latest meat probe thermometer for perfect results and temperature control.
It has a side-loading system for the wood to add wood chips without opening the smoke chamber easily.
With the help of Bluetooth technology, you can control the smoker via smart devices and smartphones.
You can control the smoke pressure and temperature and some other important functions via smart devices.
The display shows an accurate reading because of the integrated thermostat control.
Furthermore, it includes 4 chrome-coated smoke racks with an interior light so that you can easily see the meal in darkness. The light automatically turns on as the door opens.
The wooden tray is easy to remove for ash removal. According to the company, it has an air damper system for adding moisture.
related: Best Propane Grills
- Exceptional meat probe thermometer.
- Operate via Bluetooth with smart devices.
- Integrated thermostat control
- The wooden ashtray is easy to remove.
- Interior light that automatically turns on as the door opens.
- Bluetooth sometimes works badly.
2. CHAR-BROIL ANALOG ELECTRIC SMOKER
- Inner space is 544 Square inches, and it comes with three cooking grills.
- The construction is well-insulated with double exhaust ports.
- It includes a grease cup, water tray, and wood chip tray.
- 1000 watt electric element.
Some electric smoker comes with excellent and numerous features, but they can be difficult to operate especially if you are a beginner.
In our opinion, first-time users should go for a smoker that is simple to use, and one such electric smoker comes from Char-boil.
So, if you are new to electric smokers, this Char-Broil Analog electric smoker is effortless to operate, and it includes plenty of remarkable features.
This Char-Broil electric smoker features a 1000-watt heating element with over 500 square inches of inner space, sufficient for home uses. The construction of the unit is sturdy, and it has dual wall insulated construction.
It comes with three cooking grills. The included grills are chrome plated; hence you can easily clean them.
For your convenience, it also features a grease cup, water tray (removable), and wood chip tray so that you can set the things according to your needs.
You can set the temperature by using an analog dial. A temperature gauge is also there so that you can monitor the temperature.
- The unit is robust; the body is made up of stainless steel with insulated walls.
- The heat retention of the unit is great.
- Since the walls are well-insulated, this smoker is quite energy-efficient.
- The power of the unit is excellent as it comes with a 1200 watt element.
- Drop tray, wood tray, and grease tray are detachable for easy and quick cleaning. You can also access the grease tray from the outside.
- The construction of the smoker is robust, and the design is not that appealing.
3. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- Its fully insulated body offers even heat distribution
- Patent side wood chip loader brings extra flavor to food
- Ideal for beginner and Pro users of Electric smoker
- The digital panel makes time and temp setting super easy
- 5 Chrome-coated racks offer capacity for five chicken, 2 turkeys, 4 racks of ribs, or four-port butts
If you are into exact BBQ flavor and don’t want to deal with Charcoal or propane, then the best alternatives are available in the form of this electric Smoker from Masterbuilt.
You would be able to master the art of smoking through this machine.
The power source is electric, though you can add some wood chips from the side to add a bit more flavor to your meal.
The modern black smoker has digital panel control for setting temperature and timing.
If you feel it hard to read digital numbers during sunlight, please keep it under the shade for clear reading. At night, digital numbers glow and offer you a precise reading view.
A thermostat is integrated into this digital smoker so that you can set a consistent heat setting as per your recipe requirements.
You won’t need to open the door, again and again, to insert wood chips in the smoker.
Masterbuilt has added convenience to your life by offering a patent side wood chip loading system.
Wear gloves, slide the tray out, load it with wood chips and slide back in. The whole process has become super simple.
related: Best Charcoal Grills
- Easy to Clean
- Excellent seal on the door
- Sturdy construction and build
- The genius design of wood chip replacement slot
- Modern Design and Look
- It doesn’t produce sufficient smoke at a temp below 200 degrees.
4. Cuisinart COS-330 30 inch Electric Smoker
- It makes smoking of meat, vegetables, etc. more manageable and less time consuming
- Three removable racks to arrange more space for whole birds and significant cuts of meat.
- The 548 square inch interior provides plenty of food space.
- Easy to Read and Accurate Built-in Thermometer
- 1500 Watts Heating elements for setting temp from 100°F to 400°F
Arranging a family BBQ party means having a memorable life experience.
You can’t waste your time and energy on a traditional smoker who requires charcoal and other adjustments from time to time.
Keep yourself out of trouble by grabbing this 30-inch Electric smoker from Cuisinart.
It is ideal for both casual and avid users of smoke food. The vertical design takes less space yet brings a high interior capacity of spacious 548 square inches.
It offers adequate space for plenty of meats and vegetables. Preparing a full party meal will be super easy.
You may want to taste a large cut smoky meal. Thanks to its removable stainless steel racks, it’s easy to taste what you desire.
The front door has a built-in thermometer so you can keep an eye on the temperature- no more cooking temperature guess.
You need to add some wood chips in the given stainless steel trays for grilling.
When it comes to cleaning up, you can put its shelves in the dishwasher for quick cleaning. If you have time, hand wash them to increase their shelf life.
The door has a temperature control knob from where you can set temperature from 100°F to 400°F quickly.
Its 500-watt heating element provides consistent and rapid heat. You won’t have to wait much to get the smoke flavor you need in your crunchy vegetables and briskets.
- User-Friendly Design
- Very Solid Build
- Dishwasher-Safe Stainless steel racks
- Awesome smoke flavor
- Easy to Clean and set-up
- 3-year limited warranty
- Temperature doesn’t remain consistent, needs constant monitoring.
5. DYNA-GLO DGU732BDE-D 30″ DIGITAL ELECTRIC SMOKER
- The unit is 30 inches tall.
- The inner space of the unit is 700 square inches.
- The controls of this unit are simple.
- For perfect smoke, it has a built-in meat thermometer.
- Side access panel for wood loading.
Our next pick, Dyna-Glo Digital Electric Smoker, can keep the heat and temperatures at a consistent level while smoking. It is an insulated unit that provides a controlled smoking area.
The features of this Dyna-Glo Digital insulated electric smoker are excellent. It features a dual-wall construction that can hold the heat and smoke in.
In this model, you will also get a digital thermostat with a panel. To monitor your work accurately, it also features a meat thermometer.
The height of this Dyna-Glo is about 30 inches, and the unit’s inner space is also sufficient. It has 700 square inches of space inside the unit.
To easily and quickly access the wood chips and elements, a panel is located on the left side of the smoker.
Lastly, this Dyna-Glo electric smoker’s design is sleek and elegant, and the overall construction of the device is robust and durable.
related: Best Electric Griddle
- 700 square inches of inner space, if sufficient for all food items.
- This Dyna-Glo digital electric smoker is effortless to operate. Just press buttons to operate the unit.
- The construction of the unit is insulated and durable. It retains the heat very well and is resistant to bumps as well.
- The chamber of the smoker is solid and will not wobble.
- It comes with a built-in thermometer so that you can monitor the activity.
- As per consumer ratings & reports, the grease tray that comes with the unit is small.
6. Landmann’s Smoky Mountain 26″ Electric Smoker
- Portability is ensured with a lightweight design and wrought iron side handles
- Highly Functional Design with adjustable feet and three chrome-plated steel cooking grates
- Latest Design of 3-in-1 Tray for wood chips, water/grease pans.
- It is designed with a separate heating element 1500W & a Removable variable temperature controller.
- Maintain temperature and reduce cooking time while adding rich smoke flavor
Smoky ribs and chicken are something you want to taste every weekend. If you’re going to become a BBQ Pro, you better buy equipment that helps you meet this goal.
Landmann’s Smoky Mountain 26″ Electric Smoker helps you smoke mouth-watering meals for your friends and family without any charcoal hassle.
This 26 inches electric smoker is designed with a 3-in-1 combo tray where you can add grease, water, and wood chips at the same place -no need to deal with the cleaning of too many trays. It’s time to welcome convenience into your life.
There is a temperature reading available on the door, so you know all about interior temperature reading.
Glass window lets you check the progress of food without losing its heat level. When you open the door, heat finds its way out, and this inconsistent heat changes the flavor.
The three chrome-plated steel cooking grates are big enough to keep vegetables, meat, and turkey simultaneously in your electric smoker.
There is a wrong iron handle on one side so that you can shift it from your kitchen to BBQ place effortlessly.
For an outdoor BBQ party, adjustable feet seem like a blessing. You can adjust them on an uneven surface and enjoy smoky food wherever you like.
Landmann has been manufacturing grills, log storage, and fireplaces for over 50 years.
This brand is known for its quality. If you need a reliable smoker, get from this company and enjoy peace of mind.
- Lightweight, compact design
- Perfect size for small patio
- Glass Window for Easy Monitoring
- Cleanup is a Breeze
- Smoke well and faster than others
- The door thermometer is inaccurate.
7. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- Aluminized steel water keeps meat flavor juicy.
- Extra-large wood chip tray prevent the needs for refilling
- Two heavy-duty door latches for ultimate smoke sealing
- It provides ample capacity for smoke food with its 544 sq. in interior
- Monitor internal temperature through a door-mounted temperature gauge
Do you need an easy smoking solution for your next BBQ party? Consider getting one from Char-Broil. This 20-inch analog smoker unlocks 544 square inches capacity.
So, whether you are in a mood for smoked fish or whole chicken, you can smoke it all in this machine and serve your taste buds with a delicious meal every weekend.
The smoker is designed with a 1200W heating element, dual exhaust, and double wall-insulated construction.
Heats don’t find their way out. Thereby, the whole design reduces cooking time and lets you enjoy yummy smoky food as quickly as you want.
The user-friendly design brings a front-access drip tray, water pane, and wood chip tray.
The drip tray makes the whole cleanup mess-free and quick, while the water tray won’t let the meat get dried.
An extra-large wood chip tray brings convenience to your life. You don’t need to refill it again and again. Add required chips at once and sit until the smoky flavor is there to taste.
Unlike other electric smokers whose door is difficult to keep shut, this one is an exception. The door is integrated with two heavy-duty latches for total shut down.
There are 3-chrome plate cooking grates inside this convenient smoker. You can easily smoke meat, vegetables, and snacks simultaneously.
related: Best Portable Gass Grills
- All-inclusive electric smoker
- 1-year warranty
- Easy to Carry with side handles
- Good quality material and sturdy construction
- Improve airflow with dual exhaust
- Black coated paint peels off after some months.
8. BRADLEY DIGITAL 6 RACK ELECTRIC SMOKER
- The cooking space is 780 square inches, and it has six cooking grates.
- The design of the smoker is well-insulated.
- The features and settings are easy to use.
- It also includes an oven feature.
If you have a large family or host parties and gather frequently, you should go for the one with a large capacity and great power.
And our recommendation in this regard is Bradley Digital 6 Rack Electric Smoker. The unit is also suitable for commercial uses.
The Bradley Digital smoker features 6-Rack, and it can easily cook for large gatherings. As for the unit’s work, you will be surprised that it can work for eight hours to cook different meals.
The controls of the unit are digital; hence you can easily adjust them as per your requirements.
The temperature range is up to 280 degrees. And to keep the temperature consistent, it has dual wall insulation.
It also has a unique feature that feeds wood into the unit consistently during the cooking process.
In other units, you normally use wood chips, but in this electric smoker, a true smoke flavor is obtained due to the consistent feeding of wood.
- This electric smoker runs on bisquettes. This system offers true smoke flavor.
- Overall, it is an energy-efficient electric smoke heater.
- The capacity of this smoker is great, up to 780 square inches.
- The sturdy construction features stainless steel that allows for simple cleaning.
- Digital controls of the smoker are easy to read and operate.
- The built-in oven mode is handy.
- The heating element of the unit is not that powerful only 500 watts.
9. MASTER BUILT TOP CONTROLLER ELECTRIC SMOKER
- The unit is available in 30 or 40-inch sizes.
- It features a digital control panel that makes the various adjustment and monitoring a breeze.
- To keep the temperature consistent, it comes with a lined interior.
- The unit can easily hold up to 100lbs. Of meat.
- The power is strong with the 800-watt heating element.
If you want a powerful digital electric smoker containing advanced and modern features, look no other than this Masterbuilt front controller electric smoker.
As compared to the normal electric smokers, this smoker comes with everything you want to smoke perfectly.
The unit comes in 30 or 40-inch sizes. This Masterbuilt smoker allows you to control or adjust the temperature via a digital panel located on the top right side of the unit. You can adjust the temperature up to 275 degrees.
It allows you to see the internal temperature of the meats that you will be smoking. Due to this feature, you can get a perfect smoke every time. This function comes in handy when you are smoking sensitive meat, such as brisket.
This Masterbuilt smoker also features a side-loading container so that you can add the wood easily when smoking.
The remote control features allow you to monitor and adjust the temperature quickly. Overall, for all types of meats, this Masterbuilt electric smoker is excellent.
- 730 square inches of inner space is sufficient.
- The shelves of the unit are large as well.
- The unit looks like a refrigerator with rolling wheels on the bottom.
- The cleaning of the unit is also simple as trays are removable.
- The temperature range is perfect for all types of meat between 100 and 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The handle of the unit is a bit flimsy.
10. PK Grills Smoker Combination & Charcoal Grill
Pk Grills is a very renowned brand for the manufacturing of durable charcoal grill electric smokers.
The main feature is the presence of 4 vents instead of 2. Therefore, it will be helpful for both slow and fast grilling cooking.
According to the expert and customer reviews, it is more durable than porcelain kamados because of casting aluminum construction. Another important feature is that the material never gets rusted like steel.
It comes with an efficient Temperature Management system—the combination of 4 venting and cast aluminum results in an efficient heat cooking chamber.
The company has designed it in a portable structure because the legs/stands are easily detachable. Thus, make it a good outdoor cooking tool for camping and hunting cabins, etc.
Due to the use of charcoal, it requires no extension cord. This model of PK Grills has unique ash management that controls ash in the cooking chamber and is easy to clean and dispose of.
For the perfect temperature control, it comes with the best thermometer from Tel-Tru. This thermometer has an accuracy percentage rate of +/- 1%.
Besides all the above, it has a beautiful design. The presence of a cast aluminum grill capsule adds more durability and strength.
The aluminum grill offers an airtight seal that increases the control of temperature. The heat is distributed evenly inside the cooking chamber.
Its pedestal stand and user-friendly cylinder air intakes add a more stylish look with an expansive workspace.
Furthermore, it provides a weather-proof workspace. This is because it is formed of premium quality engineered reinforced glass-fiber and polyester material.
It is also resistant to heat for safe handling. The shelves are also detachable and removable on integrated side hooks for storing purposes.
- Efficient and even heat distribution
- Rustproof and durable material
- Well Maintained Temperature
- Cast Aluminum Construction Smoker
- 4 vent system
- Paint may flare off with time.
- The shelves lack proper finishing.
Electric Smoker Buying Guide
Buying an electric smoker is sometimes difficult due to the abundance of so many products in the market.
This is why you should know the important factors. So, consider these features when buying an electric smoker:
The best electric smoker is the one that has a temperature control system like a thermostat. These temperature controls help maintain the correct food temperature.
You might have seen the small ventilation system in the smoker; this is called Caveats. This helps the release of smoke when you are cooking.
This also maintains a stable temperature inside the smoker and ensures that you get perfectly cooked meals.
When you are about to buy a new electric smoker, check how the heat flows inside the chamber.
This is because multiple heat sources can smoke the food in less time, and the quality will be great.
By layer structure, we mean the smoker’s shape and racks that you will get with the smoker. Some electric smokers are horizontal, and some are vertically aligned.
Some racks are made up of stainless steel, while some are chrome-plated. So, checkout before buying which shape suits you better.
Addition of Woodchips or Charcoal
Remember to check that your new electric smoker comes with a tray that you can use to burn wood or coal. By burning woods or coal in a smoker, you can get a traditional and delicious BBQ!
Ease of Use and Maintenance
Like any other kitchen machine, it’s essential to know how easily and quickly you can clean your new smoker. Similarly, look for the maintenance routine as well.
Most smokers come with removable trays, which is simple to clean. Some units have a door that allows you to clean the corners of the unit.
But it is not only about the good pair of hands, but it also depends on your electric smoker.
I hope you do not need to explore bizarre websites because we have published this list after evaluating the best electric smokers’ based on consumer ratings & reports.
How to Use an Electric Smoker
Step #1 Clean your electric smoker before the first use
Most users are not aware of it, but in our opinion, it is vital. You must clean your new electric smoker before using it.
This is because smokers are made in bulk quantity, and if you have any idea about the steps a smoker has gone through before coming to your kitchen, you will understand the importance of this task.
The task is simple and not that difficult. Follow these steps to clean your smoker before using it for the first time.
Turn it on and set the temperature to 275 degrees. Now, leave the smoker on for up to two to three hours. Fill the woods if needed. Then let it cool down and clean it.
Step #2 Preheat the smoker before using
Usually, the electric smoker is fully heated in 25 to 35 minutes. To avoid time-wasting, it is better that you should preheat it before using it.
Add wood chips to the tray and let it heat up. In the meantime, you can do other important things.
Step #3 Add water into the water bowl
If you are using the smoker without water, then your food can become dry and turn out juiceless.
So always add water after your smoker is pre-heated. In this way, the added water will work as a moisturizer.
Step #4 Cleaning the smoker
A nice thing about electric smokers is that they are simple to maintain and clean than other traditional smokers. After you have cooked or smoked your food, you must clean it immediately.
Clean the grills as well after they are cool down. And the same goes for the grease tray as well. However, you clean the interior occasionally.
Electric smokers are simple to operate compared to other conventional smokers, and if you are a beginner in smoking, then electric smokers are perfect for getting started.
You must check before buying the best electric smoker is also listed in this post, along with some helpful tips regarding how to use your new electric smoker.
And for people who know how to use an electric smoker but are looking for the right one, we have compiled the above-mentioned products after analyzing the best electric smokers’ customer reports.
FAQ’s about Electric Smokers
Can I use my smoker indoors?
You should use smokers outdoors. Smokers are made for outdoor areas, and the smoke they generate is not suitable for indoors. However, if you have an extraction fan, you can use it in indoor places as well. But a suitable place to use it is any outdoor location.
How to clean the electric smoker?
To clean the electric smoker, start with the drip pan. You can clean the inner side of the smoker occasionally to prevent wear and tear. When cleaning the smoker’s inner side, don’t use any detergent; keep the inner side dry. However, you can clean the doors and windows with mild soap.
What is the water pan in a smoker, and why is it used?
If you want well-cooked food, you must use a water pan. If you use a smoker without water, the smoker’s inner part will remain dry, and your meal will be juiceless.
However, if you add some water in a water pan, it will work as moisture and result in more juicy and well-cooked food.
What is the function of a drip pan?
The drip pan has an important function in electric smokers. A drip pan collects the juice and remaining particles of food. It prevents them from reaching the wood chip tray. If these small particles reach the heat source, then extra smoke is formed, which might affect the taste of your food.
Can I use an electric smoker without smoke?
Yes, you can, but we do not advise you to do so. However, if you still want to do it, don’t use any wood chips in the smoker. Usually, people use this for homebrews.
What are the Best Electric Smokers in 2023?
Here is a list of best electric smokers as per our recommendations;
- MASTER BUILT TOP CONTROLLER ELECTRIC SMOKER
- SMOKEHOUSE PRODUCTS LITTLE CHIEF FRONT LOAD SMOKER
- DYNA-GLO DGU732BDE-D DIGITAL ELECTRIC SMOKER
- CHAR-BROIL ANALOG ELECTRIC SMOKER
- BRADLEY DIGITAL 6 RACK ELECTRIC SMOKER
Read More: Consumer Ratings & See all Blogs here
- Types of Recliner Handles – All You Need To Know - December 9, 2022
- Is it Safe To Sleep in a Recliner While Pregnant? - December 8, 2022
- How to Hide the Back of a Reclining Couch - December 7, 2022